Wednesday, June 17, 2015

TinyURL and Social Media Advertisement Via Twitter

I am an Independent Author who specializes in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Just wrote my first book! (CERBERUS: From Hatred Born) I hope these tools I have learned to use also help you!

My Website: www.jycalcano.com
My Twitter: @JYCalcanoauthor Twitter Account Page
My Goodreads: http://tinyurl.com/GoodreadsCerberus
My Facebook: Facebook
Blog: http://www.jycalcano.blogspot.com
============================================

Today I am going to talk about advertisement through Social Media. Specifically I am going to talk about TINY URL.

So, what the heck is Tiny URL?   Its a free service where an author or seller or anyone can link a huge website string and shorten it to something less than 48 characters.  The beauty of this service is that YOU CAN CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT THE LINK TO SAY! This is EXTREMELY useful!

EXAMPLE:

This is the normal www. Amazon.com link to my first book Cerberus: From Hatred Born


What a mess.

I sure can’t use that on Twitter.  If I use that on Facebook it isn’t exactly memorable. Heck, if I use that sting of numbers and letters ANYWHERE its likely to cause indifference.

Instead I did the following.

1.       Went to www.tinyurl.com

2.       Look at the box that reads ‘Enter a long URL to make tiny. ‘ and put your huge mess of an URL in there.
3.       Below that, in non-bold letters, it says ‘Custom alias’.  There put the name of your book, item, or whatever it is you want to sell. I placed my book title in shorthand: CerberusFHBorn
4.       Press the Make Tiny URL and done!

Here is my resulting 33 characters Tiny URL link:


With this, you can advertise freely on Twitter and leave space for some good hashtags.

Example:

Half man-Half machine-All monster. Cerberus #scifi #cyberpunk #CerberusFHBorn #ian1 #amreading http://tinyurl.com/CerberusFHBorn

That’s a grand total of 128 characters. Notice that the link is A LOT more memorable than having a string of numbers, dashes, and whatever.

So, that’s how you use TINY URL to make your links smaller and more manageable.  I am trying to figure out how to use HOOTSUITE for scheduled automated posts (good for advertisement campaigns). Will keep you posted as I figure things out!


Toodles!

J. Y. Calcano


I am an Independent Author who specializes in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Just wrote my first book! (CERBERUS: From Hatred Born) I hope these tools I have learned to use also help you!

My Website: www.jycalcano.com
My Twitter: @JYCalcanoauthor Twitter Account Page
My Goodreads: http://tinyurl.com/GoodreadsCerberus
My Facebook: Facebook
Blog: http://www.jycalcano.blogspot.com
============================================

No comments:

Post a Comment