Monday, June 29, 2015

The Hootsuite Dashboard: A Quick Explanation

I am an Independent Author who specializes in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Just wrote my first book! (CERBERUS: From Hatred Born) I hope these tools I have learned to use also help you!

My Website: www.jycalcano.com
My Twitter: @JYCalcanoauthor Twitter Account Page
My Goodreads: http://tinyurl.com/GoodreadsCerberus
My Facebook: Facebook
Blog: http://www.jycalcano.blogspot.com
============================================


Let’s not waste time. We’ll travel down the Dashboard control bar.  Understand that this post will not provide a lot of insight into the dashboard, simply explain what each one does in general terms.

On post #7 I will address the red numbers from 9 to 13. All of these affect message scheduling to some extent.





#1 –Social Media Stream Window

This is where you organize your social media streams into whatever order or form you want. Mine is simple and looks like this:





#2 -Publisher

Publisher is where you publish and schedule your messages for transmission over your different social medias (we will be coming back to this window very soon). Here is an example window.





#3 – Analytics

For the professional or organizer, analytics allows the creation of graphs to verify your permeability of the social media medium. Good for presentations, keeping detailed reports, etc. I haven’t really used it much.




#4- Assignments

No idea. I am still learning this feature. It seems as if it helps organize a Virtual Group for marketing or other task oriented purposes. I haven't used it yet, but might in the future.

#5 – Contacts
This is the window that lists your contacts. On my Twitter account it tells me:
-Tweets per day.
-How many accounts the contact follows.
-How many are following the contact.
-Klout Score: which measures the efforts of communication from the contact to the followers. In other words, your influence.
-Whether or not you’re following a particular contact.

I crossed out two private contacts (huge blue lines) and left my public Independent Author Network visible as an example.





#6 –AppDirectory

This is pretty much a place to purchase (or add free apps) to your HOOTSUITE account in order to make it more robust and personalized. I might be using the Instagram App very soon.





#7 – SETTINGS

Pretty much where you tweak your personal settings for HOOTSUITE. You'll do some exploring in there.




#8 – Tools

Pretty much a tab that offers links to HOOTSUITE University, Partner Programs, Mobile Apps,  and Extensions and Downloads. I haven’t used it yet. Might never use it.




#HONORABLE MENTION – The HELP menu.

Click it and try to get answers for your HOOTSUITE questions. As of yet, it hasn’t answered a single question I’ve had. Not one. I’ve had to research elsewhere.




There. This is my brief explanation of the HOOTSUITE DASHBOARD. I really hope it was helpful.

On POST #7: I will address:  HOW TO SCHEDULE MESSAGES ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA



I am an Independent Author who specializes in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Just wrote my first book! (CERBERUS: From Hatred Born) I hope these tools I have learned to use also help you!

My Website: www.jycalcano.com
My Twitter: @JYCalcanoauthor Twitter Account Page
My Goodreads: http://tinyurl.com/GoodreadsCerberus
My Facebook: Facebook
Blog: http://www.jycalcano.blogspot.com
============================================

No comments:

Post a Comment