Wednesday, October 9, 2019

From the Grave

I haven't published anything on this blog in over 2 years. Mea culpa, kiddies. My fault. I've been trying to stay alive, you know? Pay my bills. Survive.

Last year I re-wrote my 3rd book "Falling for Enemy" which I originally published under a different Author Name because of its mature content. I never actually re-published that book.  After that, nothing. Just ramblings on paper. Different short stories that didn't quite lead to an ending. For a while, I admit, I went into a bit of a slump.

Despite being fully educated, with a Bachelor's in Engineering, a Master's in Business Administration, and, now, another Bachelor's in English:Creative Writing, I find myself employed at a $15.00 an hour job where I don't write anything at all. Creative Writing doesn't get you employed unless one goes into academia or is a prodigious writer that can chug out a novel every couple of months.

Nevertheless, my heart cries out for more writing, more stories. Went back to that old re-write of the 3rd book yesterday, a whole year later, and found many things I wanted to change. So I did.

My job sucks, but my dream lives.

I'm back. Wounded. A little mauled by the world, but back.


No comments:

Post a Comment